TITLE: LifeLong Links Information/Referral & Assistance Specialist/Options Counselor
REPORTS TO: LifeLong Links Supervisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide information, referral and assistance, advocacy, and options counseling to older individuals and adults with disabilities.
- Be an initial contact for calls or walk-in clients coming to LifeLong Links Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC).
- Assess client’s limitations and capacities in order to determine which community resources, services, supports and/or education will best meet the client’s expressed
- Work with LifeLong Links staff to assist individuals in securing benefits through programs including: Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, Food Stamps, rent reimbursement, property tax deferment, etc.
- Answer general questions related to the Case Management Program, Elder Abuse Prevention and Advocacy Program (EAPA), and the Family Caregiver Program and facilitate referrals to these programs.
- Provide Options Counseling for disabled and or older
- Promote individual advocacy to secure rights or benefits with providers while empowering older adults to advocate on their own behalf.
- Assist in administering benefits through material aid
- Perform such duties or special projects as assigned by
- Contribute to the overall agency team
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community support services, providers and programs. Experience working with older adults and/or adults with disabilities.
- CIRS-A/D certification and Elsevier Person Centered Training within 6 months of hire.
- Strong communication skills (especially phone skills) appropriate for working with older individuals, caregivers, adults with disabilities, and community service providers.
- Ability to input information into computer system while conversing with clients. Ability to multitask and while working within a team environment.
FREEDOM TO ACT AND PROBLEM-SOLVING REQUIRED:
Ability to handle multiple programs, accept responsibility, work interdependently with the LLL I&A Specialists, Family Caregiver Specialists, Case Manager, EAPA Specialist, and other agency staff, determine priorities and schedule time effectively.
SALARY/FRINGES: $40,000-$45-000, depending on experience.
Salary will be discussed at interview.
Please send cover letter & resume to Sharee Huffer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 20th, if interested.