Walk With Ease (WWE) Program
What is it?
- The Arthritis Foundation developed WWE as a walking program to encourage people to start walking and stay motivated to keep active. A self-directed version of the program is available, using a workbook and assistance from a coach.
Who is it for?
- WWE is for people with arthritis who want to increase their physical activity levels and are able to be on their feet for at least 10 minutes without increased pain.
- The program may also be appropriate for people with other chronic health conditions—such as diabetes and heart disease—who want to be more
What are the benefits?
- A CDC-funded randomized clinical trial found that both the group and self-directed versions of WWE can:
- Reduce arthritis symptoms such as pain, stiffness, and fatigue
- Improve strength, balance, and walking pace
- Reduce disability
- Increase confidence in the ability to manage arthritis
Please see the flyer below for more information and to register.
Walk With Ease Flyer
Additional Fall Prevention Resources
Calendar of Health Promotion Programs
Falls Prevention for Iowa (Iowa Department of Public Health)
Video on Evidence Based Fall Prevention Programs