TITLE: LifeLong Links Information/Referral & Assistance Specialist
REPORTS TO: Training Specialist/Case Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide information, referral and assistance, advocacy, and options counseling to older individuals and adults with disabilities.
- Be an initial contact for calls or walk-in clients coming to LifeLong Links Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC).
- Assess client’s limitations and capacities to determine which community resources, services, supports, and/or education will best meet the client’s expressed needs.
- Work with LifeLong Links staff to assist individuals in securing benefits through programs including: Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, Food Stamps, rent reimbursement, property tax deferment, etc.
- Answer general questions related to the Case Management Program, Elder Abuse Prevention and Advocacy Program (EAPA), and the Family Caregiver Program and facilitate referrals to these programs.
- Promote individual advocacy to secure rights or benefits with providers while empowering older adults to advocate on their own behalf.
- Assist in administering benefits through material aid funds.
- Act as a back-up to Family Caregiver staff.
- Perform such duties or special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Contribute to the overall agency team effort.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community support services, providers, and programs.
- Experience working with older adults and/or adults with disabilities.
- AIRS-A/D certification and Options Counseling Training prescribed by the Iowa Department on Aging within 6 months of hire.
- Strong communication skills (especially phone skills) appropriate for working with older individuals, caregivers, adults with disabilities, and community service providers.
- Ability to accurately input information into computer system while conversing with clients.
- Ability to multitask while working within a team environment.
FREEDOM TO ACT AND PROBLEM-SOLVING REQUIRED:
Ability to handle multiple programs, accept responsibility, work interdependently with the LLL I&A Specialists, Family Caregiver Specialists, case manager, EAPA Specialist, and other agency staff, determine priorities and schedule time effectively.
Starting Salary $37,500 to $45,000 depending upon experience. Full benefits package.
Please Contract: Sharee Huffer at email@example.com or (515) 650-9507 if interested by September 23, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Aging Resources of Central Iowa does not discriminate based on age, race, sex, national origin, creed, religion, political affiliation, or physical or mental disabilities in its employment practices or the provision of services except where it is a requirement of law.